Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Connecting the Dots When Planning Your Event or Wedding

Hard to believe that summer is practically over.

Fall fashions and decor are upon us (still find it a little annoying to see Christmas ornaments displayed when it is 95 degrees outside and it is not even October yet).

Every time I produce an event, I am reminded how blessed I am to be able to meet and work with some of the most talented and famous people in the world. I made a promise to myself nine years ago, when I started my company that I would not let their names be the center of who I am for the sake of getting recognition. 

My father taught me that business relationships can grow when they are built on trust. I believe my father was right. 


PS - my mother started to boast about me when I began my production career and that has always made me very uncomfortable. Therefore, this decision was an easy one for me. :) 

Below are a few beautiful photos from one of our favorite planner's weddings in 2009.  

Alexis and her husband Taylor, welcomed a beautiful baby girl in June, which was almost three years to the day of their wedding. Alexis has an event planning company and lives with her husband and their baby girl Quinn in Acton, California. 


Love you Alexis!  xo

















Gianna's Pick's of the Week -


Great accessories.
Lovellabridal

Gossip Girl Wtoo bridesmaid dress

Lovella Bridal


Photo: We are so excited about our new Bridesmaids Collection for 2013....
Gowns of Elegance

big door, itty bitty flower girl  Photography By http://archetypestudioinc.com


flower girl  Photography by juliewilhite.com

Darling Flower Girl Dresses. 
I love to see little girls dressed in dresses made for little girls.


Gianna's Tips of the Week -

MASTER OF CEREMONIES
If you decide to hire one of your favorite Master of Ceremonies, please make sure that he or she has wedding experience. You could say there have been a few awkward situations to witness when the MC doesn't have any real experience. Please make sure that your planner has a great timeline for their intros. We do this all the time and we are happy to help assist you! 

SERVICE PROVIDERS -
I have such an appreciation for many of the knowledgeable and professional service providers in this business. These professionals know how to handle crazy situations that can and do arise at live events.  Please provide a hot meal for them and offer pay for their parking at your venue if there is a charge. Thank you. xo

DVD, CD's, MP3's-
Please label these items as follows:
Test, Final i.e., ceremony, reception, short film or slide show, presentation (label version number), etc.
Avoid using track 1, 2, 3... and list by the song name.  If it is not labeled correctly, please insert your favorite nightmare here.  xo

TOASTS -
In this business we get to hear some really spectacular toasts.  The average toast can go from one to three minutes. Some will go longer, but if the person giving the toast is creative and prepared, no one will care.  However, we also hear some really bad and uncomfortable toasts. My all time worst toast was the bride's sister telling everyone how she hated the groom for taking away her sister from her and her kids. :(

BUDGETS-

Every few days, we receive calls from brides or parents wanting to have a $30,000 wedding for 100 persons at an expensive private estate or other event scenarios where the budget, venue rental, decor design and guest count don't match.  I understand that some planners might agree to their client's budget and then find out half way through that their clients are in the red...this is not good.  

We make it our policy to talk about the budget and our client's wishes from the beginning, so there are no surprises for our clients. 

Our goal is to give our clients superb events while respecting their budget and vision.

Enjoy your week! 


-Gianna 


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Please contact us to set up an appointment

T: 818.246.2288

F: 818.246.2290

M: 310.717.1104

LinkWithin